April edition of the UbuntuEd (Ubuntu Education) newsletter is here. It is numbered 23.04 and that matches with the Ubuntu 23.04 Lunar Lobster. What a coincidence 😎
Let's see what you get in this newsletter.
🪧 Linux command tutorials
- Learn how to unzip files in Ubuntu command line.
- Change file permissions with chmod command.
- Use ln Command to create links in Ubuntu.
- Get information about the free system memory in Linux using free command.
🗞 Ubuntu News
- Canonical has introduced Livepatch support for Ubuntu's hardware enablement kernels.
- The Ubuntu Cinnamon is now recognized as an official Ubuntu flavor.
- Intel Updates Packaged Arc Graphics Driver For Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Edubuntu makes a comeback as a modern distro for Education With Version 23.04 Release
💡 Command Line Tips
Use sed to delete a specific line from a text file in Linux command line. The below example deletes the 7th line from a file.
sed -i '7d' filename
If you gzip a directory and now you have a compressed file. You can examine the uncompressed contents to decide the file type with
file -z compressed_file
🧰 Useful Tools
Manpages in PDF format? Weel, why not?
❤️ Liking the UbuntuED newsletter?
Do you like the content? What would you like to see here or don't want to see?
Hit the reply button and share your views.
Enjoy Ubuntu :)
Join the newsletter to get the latest updates.