Here's the latest instalment of the monthly UbuntuEd (Ubuntu Education) newsletter.
🪧 Important Commands You Should Know
- Use Stat Command to get detailed information about your files and directories
- Here is a guide on using
whichcommand to find the location of the file being executed.
- Create directories from command line using mkdir command.
- Learn how to set date in Ubuntu command line
🗞 Ubuntu News
- Ubuntu 23.10 will have native Wayland support enabled by default for its Firefox Snap package.
- Brand New ‘App Center’, built using Flutter Lands in Ubuntu 23.10 daily builds.
- Intel Collaboration With Red Hat, Canonical & SUSE For Intel-Optimized Linux Distributions.
- Ubuntu will let you utilize TPM-backed Full Disk Encryption
💡 Command Line Tips
On Nano editor, to save and exit a file, you will press CTRL+X and then type “y” to confirm and then press enter to save. Instead, you can use:
nano -t <file name>
Now, when editing is done, press CTRL + X. The
-t option will save a changed buffer without prompting.
🧰 Useful Tool
Beaver Notes is an open-source Privacy-focussed cross-platform note-taking application.
Librum is an E-Book reader, where you can take advantage of the cloud by having a personal library that can be accessed from any device, anytime.
❤️ Liking the UbuntuEd newsletter?
Loving the UbuntuEd (Ubuntu Education) newsletter? Forward it to a fellow Ubuntu user.
Want to see the newsletters of the past? The archive can be accessed here.
Anything else? Hit the reply button and share your views.
Keep on loving Ubuntu :)