In this edition, we will be focussing on various disk monitoring and related process in Ubuntu.
🪧 Disk Usage and Monitoring in Ubuntu
- Do you get notification about insufficient storage during a file action? Check whether you have enough free disk space, before starting such tasks.
- Disk space gets consumed over time, and you need to free up space regularly for a healthy system.
- If you would like to know the detailed information about the memory availability on your Linux system, the free command is a simple solution.
- Find out how much RAM your system has, and how much of the RAM is free to use.
🗞 Ubuntu News
- You can try the all-snap Ubuntu desktop now, before its release.
- Ubuntu 22.10, Kinetic Kudu will reach end-of-life on July 20th, 2023.
- Debian 12 Bookworm has been released with about 100 known bugs.
💡 Command Line Tips
Return the type of command, like whether it's an alias, built-in, function etc.
type -t <command-name-to-check>
Or, get the most complete information using option -a.
type -a <command-name-to-check>
🧰 Useful Tools
Clipboard app is a useful open-source tool with lots of features to improve your productivity.
Explore this open-source Reddit alternative.
❤️ Liking the UbuntuED newsletter?
Forward it to a friend or share it in your communities.
Have something to say? Hit the reply button and share your views.
Don't forget to enjoy Ubuntu :)